MYP students visit the Franklin Institute

Back to Article
Back to Article

By The original uploader was Foodlion at English Wikipedia [Attribution or Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

Savannah Keller, MYP Journalist

On February 12, 2016, the students in the International Baccalaureate program at Dickinson High School took their first field trip of the marking period to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.

The students were ecstatic as soon as they were given the forms about it. They would be going to the Lost Egypt exhibit to see actual mummies and ancient items. The drive there was approximately 45 minutes to an hour. When the students arrived, they were ecstatic to see what it was like.

The first thing everyone did was walk around a little bit and try out the kinds of games and activities they had, such as the well-known Big Heart, then we moved on to the exhibit. Students went into a room that had an actual mummy lying in a glass box. Most of everyone thought it was eerie, but neat at the same time. After the exhibit, they all went to where the fun rides were. There was a simulator that we went on that was styled as if he were controlling a plane.

Then, everyone went to the athletic room, where fun sports games and facts were. Many people tried to challenge each other in a race, while others wanted to see how high they could jump. The room also consisted of facts about athletes and sports themselves.

The field trip all together was fun. The exhibit was very intriguing and I believe that if you go to see it, it will be a very cool experience.